Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Kendrick Lamar X LetsJustEatCheese

  
For those familiar with rapper Kendrick Lamar, and those who aren't so familiar, here's a chance to get to know him a little better in a personal in-depth interview done by Shauna Barbosa over at LetsJustEatCheese:
SB: Do you write poetry?
KL: Yeah, I started out writing poetry. Some of it was corny; some of it was really good.
SB: What’s something you’ve written lately that blew yourself away?
KL: “Keisha’s Song.” It was a true story. I knew the person I was writing about so it came naturally. We have this street in Compton called Long Beach Blvd, that’s famous for prostitution. These girls are so young like seventeen, eighteen. I knew this one girl and I knew her story, it was easy to write. I blew myself away knowing how quickly I wrote it based off her experience. I’m really proud of that record because it touched a lot of people.
 Check out the rest here: A Kendrick Lamar Interview

No comments:

Post a Comment